Information, Terms and conditions, Winter
The following applies only to weekly departures of RukaAdventures. Additional/partner services may have different rules that are informed prior to the reservation.
Safaris start at the safari office of Ruka Adventures, where you will get equipped accordingly. Guides give driving and safety instructions before the start of the safari. Transfer from hotels to safari house is possible and to be booked in advance.
Programs incl. all necessary equipment, guidance, insurance and VAT. All other inclusions (e.g. snacks or meals) are specified in the description of each program.
Equipment, depending on the program:
- winter boots
- woolen socks
- balaclava, helmet
You must wear a warm and cozy outfit under the overalls.
All durations of programs are approximate and may vary depending on the group size and weather conditions. We reserve the right to change the routing, timing, or contents of the programs, for instance, because of the prevailing weather conditions or possibly dangerous situations. If an activity cannot be delivered by our team due to force major situation, customers have right to change the date without any extra costs or to receive a full refund.
Our safaris may have specific requirements such as min. age or height or physical conditions. Any of those are mentioned in the program description.
During snowmobile safaris, all drivers must have a valid in Finland driving license with them! It’s forbidden to drive a snowmobile under alcohol intoxication.
All customers are insured during the safari, however maximal self liability in case of snowmobile damage is 1000 eur/snowmobile
Min. height to sit on a snowmobile as a passenger is 140cm. Kids under 140cm will sit in a sled behind a guide’s snowmobile, small kids on a sled must be supervised by an adult. Child price is valid only when sited in the sled.
Payments, bookings, and cancelations
Booking is confirmed only when full or deposit payment is received. An offer sent by Ruka Adventure is not a booking confirmation, please note we don’t hold any places when sending an offer, therefore capacity is subject to change.
All online bookings must be paid in full at the moment of reservation.
E-mail/phone reservations are possible to pay in parts: 30% deposit within 2 weeks from the reservation moment and 70% latest 2 weeks prior to the event. Reservations made less than 1 month prior to the event are to be paid in full.
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 50% is charged if cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 25% is charged if cancelled 31 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 10% is charged if cancelled 100 days or less before the event
Accommodation, 3rd party services, meals, rentals and tailored activities/packages may have different cancelation terms!
Change of activity date is possible (subject to availability) – fee may apply.
All changes and cancelations are to be informed in writing.
- The gift card can be used to purchase any product offered by Ruka Adventures.
- The gift card can be used in our online store as well as in our activity shop and safari house in Ruka.
- The gift card is valid for 1 year from the moment of purchase.
- The gift card is valid for a single transaction only.
- A combination of the gift card and other payment methods is available.
The gift card cannot be exchanged for cash in part or full.
All rights reserved.